Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Isolating Voices from a Six Channel Audio Video

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm slowly transitioning from Vegas to Premiere, and so far am finding it quite intuitive save for a couple of functions I have in Vegas that I don't quite know how to do in Adobe. Currently, I'm trying to figure out how to isolate the vocals from other background noise in Premiere.

I have a six channel audio mp4 file. In Vegas, as soon as I plop it in the timeline, all six channels are very clearly visible and separate form each other, as shown in this screencap.

One of the channels is predominantly vocals. It isn't 100% perfect, but simply ungrouping all the channels deleting every channel except for the third (the vocal heavy track) removes pretty much 95% of everything except vocals. Loading the same file into Premiere, I see only one audio track containing all the vocals and background sounds, and I really don't have a clue how to go around separating them.

Does Premiere have the ability to do this, or something similar to it? There is the alternative of isolating the sound in Vegas first but as the clip is long I would prefer not to have to render it multiple times.

Cheers,

Lawrence

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Before adding the clip to the timeline right click on the clip in the project panel and select 'modify Audio Channels' You are then given the option to change the file to separate mono clips.

Polywav to mono.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before adding the clip to the timeline right click on the clip in the project panel and select 'modify Audio Channels' You are then given the option to change the file to separate mono clips.

Polywav to mono.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I actually figured it out myself not five minutes before you responded, how's that for a coincidence? Thanks for your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines