• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library Module Complex Searches

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom's Library module is weak in its search functions. I market some of my work as stock, direct to clients who have very specific requests.

Is there a way to search all photos that contain a specific word in the caption, which were made in specific months (any year), and are in any folder with a specific name? For example, my one of my searches today called for finding all photos with "Pinus" in the caption, photographed during the winter months (November-March), in a garden (I have folders named Gardens under my master "year" folders going back to 1993). Without limiting the search to the months I need, and garden photos only, I had to wade through 3000+ photos to find the handful that fit my client's criteria.

I know I can select individual months, within each year, using the Metadata panel, but it's really tedious to select the months individually within each year. I also know I can select the individual "Gardens" folders and limit my search to those, but again it's very tedious to select each of those separately for each year.

Although it shouldn't matter, I have nearly 300,000 photos in my catalog, running LR Classic CC version 7.5, under Windows 7.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

I am not a user of Plugins, but there is sure to be one that might do what you need. Such as Any Filter by John Ellis. http://www.johnrellis.com/lightroom/anyfilter.htm

Any Filter Lightroom Plugin

To do your filter in Lightroom may involve some time defining Smart Collections, with something like this-

ScreenShot414.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not a user of Plugins, but there is sure to be one that might do what you need. Such as Any Filter by John Ellis. http://www.johnrellis.com/lightroom/anyfilter.htm

Any Filter Lightroom Plugin

To do your filter in Lightroom may involve some time defining Smart Collections, with something like this-

ScreenShot414.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines