• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not run the droplet because the file could not be found

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the update to version 20.0 I get this message when I try to run a droplet:

Could not run the droplet because the file could not be found.

Whenever I select 1 photo the droplet runs fine and does what it has to do. But whenever I select 2 or more photos the droplet gives me the error-message.

In my humble opinion I do the same as I always have done in previous Photoshop-version when it concers creating an action and making a droplet for it.

Am I doing something wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me - processes 1 file OK, won't process two or more.

Same whether the droplet is used directly (drop files onto it) or used as an Export action from Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I already thought I was the only one with this issue as nobody responded in this topic. Sorry for you BeardedBob, but I'm happy that there are more people with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me. Only one file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too - it's a real nuisance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Decided to remove the newest version due to this issue and go back to an older one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem.  Does anyone know about a solution or a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay - I played around, and it seems that if you want to convert more than one file at a time, you have to put all of the files into a folder and DRAG THE FOLDER to the droplet. You can't drag multiple selected images, but if you put them all into a single folder, and drag and drop the folder, it will work on all of the images in the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds good but doesn't solve the problem, where the droplet is part of an export process in Lightroom. Nevertheless thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realized that I had the same issue.  Tried all the things I can find on the forum, and the only one that works is the drag/drop whole folder onto droplet stored somewhere (e.g. desktop).  Yes, that seems to work, but hey, Adobe, this is not anything more than using the Batch Processing in PS since it requires exporting parent files to a "holding" directory, renamed with sequence if  the group is a custom sort (e.g. for use in custom order for slideshow.

I have not been able to navigate the Adobe help maze to get some real-time help, so hoping someone in the forum(s) has a solution, or that someone from Adobe is reading these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow-up to my previous message.  BTW, I still have a few old droplets from earlier versions of both LR and PS and  they work fine.  I am not sure how this is even possible since I thought the underlying PS Action must still be present in the PS Actions folder, but the updates deleted all my custom settings and presets and actions (others report the same problem).  Even after searching the entire hard drive, there are no *.atn or *.pst files anywhere other than those that the new version overwrote.  Strange, but unfortunately, my old droplets do not satisfy my current need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2018 Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done some troubleshooting and now think I've isolated the issue.  It is apparently NOT Lightroom's problem, but instead the creation of the droplet in PS.  At the suggestion of another non-Adobe forum, I uninstalled LR and installed two earlier versions in succession.  Both failed to execute when more than one file selected as before.  However, droplets created with earlier versions of PS were successful with a dozen or more files exported from LR.  That got me to thinking that the droplet creation might be the problem.  So, I uninstallted PS and went back to version 17, created a test action and a droplet from that test action.  That droplet worked fine in the newest version of LR.  I then successively uninstalled PS and reinstalled the next newer version and did the same action/droplet with a new test action.  Same thing - no problem.  That is, until I got to the latest PS version 20 (actually 20.0.1).  With two tried using the same process and settings for the two separate new test actions and droplets, both failed when selecting more than one file.  So, it looks like Adobe needs to look into how the PS version 20.0.1 creates droplets.  Since dragging the files into the droplet as a stand--alone, LR wasn't even involved.  And I tested the action with no problem. Therefore, the problem is logically in the process of creating the droplet in v.20. I got a reply note from an Adobe (or forum rep) who said they were looking into it, but before I did this troubleshooting.  So I will try to inform Adobe.  If you have a droplet that doesn't work, look to see if it was created in v20.  If so, then try installing an older version of PS (keeping v.20 in place) and do a test like I did with LR 8.1 (currently the latest). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the issue with droplets created with v19, but running v20 with standalone files.
Recreating the droplet in v20 didn't help; nor did running any of the apps in admin mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a chime in - Adobe - I have also noticed this bug, as well as using a newer nVidia driver not launching Photoshop 2019 without a crash. I mean, WTF!?! You just CONTINUE to prove what I've been saying for 3+ years, We are nothing more that Alpha testers for your continually shitty product.

I really should install a bootleg 2015, and save $10 per month. F Off because I apparently can't say F U in the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Really annoying. It was working so well in previous versions - now this feature is almost useless.

Adobe, please, fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

This is a known issue and has been logged as a bug. Our engineers are aware of it and are working on a fix for the same.
Would request you to add your vote to this issue here: Lightroom/Photoshop: Fails to export with droplet if more than one file selected | Photoshop Family ... and Follow this thread for any update on this.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines