Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Face tagging does not generate keyword

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I scan in old photos and import them into Lightroom, faces (with ltheir location on the photo) are tagged but keywords are not automatically generated. If I click on the name tag then press return or manually create a new (previously unrecognised) name tag, keywords are generated.

I searched for the same problem on the internet and found someone with a similar problem this year: it had started after an update - unfortunately the advice was to contact Adobe and did not give a solution.

Can anyone advise ?

All the best,

Douglas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[View this reply in your Web browser to see the embedded screenshots.]

To troubleshoot this, search the Keyword List panel for the name you entered in face tagging:

Click the triangle on the right and then click All to search all your keywords.

It may be that the keyword was placed somewhere unexpected in the keyword list. In particular, there may be a parent keyword marked with an "*", indicating that new person keywords should be placed inside that parent:

If that's the case, you can turn that off or change the parent keyword by right-clicking it and selecting Put New Person Keywords Inside This Keyword.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John

Thanks for getting in touch.

I have done as you suggest and none of the tagged names are ‘inside’ parents – all are listed in their own right in the Keyword list under ‘people’ or ‘all’.

Any other ideas ?

All the best,

Douglas King

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm out of guesses, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines