• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PC build advice for Premiere editing

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally going to pull the trigger on building an editing PC this year, so I need some help finishing this (somewhat) budget build. I mostly edit complex 1080p timelines, occasionally working in 4K. I use a bit of After Effects, but Premiere is the primary program in mind, hence more cores.

Here's what I've got so far: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9LskRJ

I'm pretty set on getting an i7 9700K, and I'm going with an ASRock Z370 for the motherboard. I'd like to start with 32GB of RAM for now (is DDR4-2666 good?), then potentially add a couple more 16GB sticks for 64GB down the road. I'm not sure what GPU to get (MSI Duke is a placeholder since it's out-of-stock), but I've read using a GeForce GTX 1080 chipset is ideal/affordable. Not sure if going with a 1060 or 1070 would be an alright compromise for what I'm editing. The Noctua NH-D15 is apparently very quiet, but I could be persuaded to switch out for a Cooler Master Hyper 212X if space is an issue.

Speaking of which, I'm hoping this can all fit in a mid-tower case. Not sure what to get; quiet is more important than flashy, and I would even prefer no windows. Still need a power supply of course. I plan on eventually mounting an optical drive in the front. I'll need a good SSD for current editing projects, and then a 4TB Western Digital drive for internal storage. I already have a 240GB Kingston SSD that I can use for just the operating system, and an external 8TB Seagate HD for archiving.

TL;DR: I still need a GPU, internal SSD, case, and power supply.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As to the GPU, there's no reason to go for more than the CPU will be able to support. My first reaction is that 8-core CPU will probably be a good balance for the 1070 especially in an 8Gb version.

But ... wiser heads are available if they'll pop in.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines