2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2018 9:14 AM by atgilmore

Completing moving files to new location

atgilmore

I recently upgraded to Lightroom Version 8.0 and am in the process of moving my library to a new, larger capacity external HD.  While moving the folders to the new disk the moving process never 'closes' out.  The progress bar remains in the top left corner of the screen with the progress bar showing complete but the bar never closes. 

I have clicked on the X at the right of the bar to close the process and all seems okay as far as the movement of the files but does anyone know why the progress bar will not close itself?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 1. Re: Completing moving files to new location
          dj_paige Level 10

atgilmore  wrote

I recently upgraded to Lightroom Version 8.0 and am in the process of moving my library to a new, larger capacity external HD.  While moving the folders to the new disk the moving process never 'closes' out.  The progress bar remains in the top left corner of the screen with the progress bar showing complete but the bar never closes. 

I have clicked on the X at the right of the bar to close the process and all seems okay as far as the movement of the files but does anyone know why the progress bar will not close itself?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I assume this means you tried to do the move within Lightroom. This is a bug that has been reported many times.

A better approach is to do this using your operating system and then re-link in LR. Full instructions are here (see the section entitled "Part 2 — Updating Folder Location") Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

• 2. Re: Completing moving files to new location
            atgilmore Level 1

Yes I have been doing this in Lightroom, I thought that the was the best way to go.  I wasn't sure I could drop it the way you highlighted.  Thank you for your response, i was not aware it was a recurring issue.  Thank you again.