Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues Installing XD on MacBook Pro - "install seems to be damaged"

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018 Macbook Pro 13" Running 10.14.1 Mojave Beta 18B73a

Recently signed up for a Creative Cloud subscription, downloaded and installed Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign with no issues. Tried installing XD but constantly get the following error message when I attempt to run it:

"Your application install seems to be damaged. Please reinstall the application."

I've tried reinstalling. I've tried the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, which I ran to uninstall everything, but I still can't run XD.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Thanks for the update Corbot5000, could you confirm if you have tried steps given in the following help document to uninstall the app first: Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps, if not then please give it a try.

After this, download a fresh setup of CC Cleaner tool and run that: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems.

If it still doesn't work then, can you please reach out to us via phone or chat here? Contact Customer Care.

Our product and tech experts will be able

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to Creative Cloud Download & Install​ forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Corbot5000,

As you have mentioned you are unable to install Adobe XD on your machine, could you please let us know if you are following the steps mentioned in the following help document to install the app: Learn how to download your Adobe Creative Cloud apps.

It would be helpful if you can share the screenshot of the error window: FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

Awaiting your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bani,

Yes, I followed the instructions listed on that support page. I even attempted to use the adobe clean-up tool to remove my install of XD that was giving me an error, restarted my computer, then re-installed using the support page you linked to, which started the installation process from my creative cloud app on my MacBook Pro, but I still get the error message I've attached.Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 7.30.41 PM.png.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Corbot5000, could you confirm if you have tried steps given in the following help document to uninstall the app first: Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps, if not then please give it a try.

After this, download a fresh setup of CC Cleaner tool and run that: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems.

If it still doesn't work then, can you please reach out to us via phone or chat here? Contact Customer Care.

Our product and tech experts will be able to help you out best! as they can hop on a remote session to troubleshoot this further.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Your solution works for me.

Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines