5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2008 6:33 AM by Newsgroup_User

Fireworks Animation problem

Divz2

Hi,
      I am new to Fireworks and also to the Forum. I am trying to create a text orbiting a circle animation from http://www.cbtcafe.com/fireworks/3dtext/3dtext.html. I am able to follow everything correctly except the Page 4 where my text is not overlapping on the circle. Can anyone please help me and tell me where I am wrong. I am new to all this animations and the software so any help is greatly appreciated. Thank You.
        • 1. Re: Fireworks Animation problem
          JoeDaSilva Level 4
          Did you get the text attached to the path or is that where you got stuck?
          • 2. Re: Fireworks Animation problem
            Divz2 Level 1
            I attached the text and also created the animations. I am stuck on Page 4 of that link. The stage where it says "Text will overlap", I am stuck there. My text is not overlapping. So, the animation is not coming correctly because of that. Please help. Thank You.
            • 3. Re: Fireworks Animation problem
              JoeDaSilva Level 4
              Ah, you're stuck on the masking part on page four, step 7? This tutorial sorta sucks because they're not explaining anything. Basically they want you to make a copy of the sphere directly on top of the existing one. Then you cut the top sphere in half, and turn that half into a mask.

Open up the help file (F1) and search for "masking images", then you'll understand the technique a little better and hopefully the rest of that tutorial will make sense. :-)
              • 4. Re: Fireworks Animation problem
                Divz2 Level 1
                Hi,

Thank you for helping. I am still stuck. I tried understanding the technique but its still not clear. I am very new to all this so I am finding it difficult. Is there any better tutorial which will give the same result as this tutorial?
                I tried using the one in Adobe website. I am able to do it but in one of the stages, it is asking me to use "Object" panel which I am not able to find in my Fireworks software. Please help me with this. Thanks a lot.
                • 5. Re: Fireworks Animation problem
                  Level 7
                  Divz2 wrote:
                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > Thank you for helping. I am still stuck. I tried understanding the technique
                  > but its still not clear. I am very new to all this so I am finding it
                  > difficult. Is there any better tutorial which will give the same result as this
                  > tutorial?
                  > I tried using the one in Adobe website. I am able to do it but in one of the
                  > stages, it is asking me to use "Object" panel which I am not able to find in my
                  > Fireworks software. Please help me with this. Thanks a lot.

That tutorial was written for an early version of Fireworks. Instead of
                  masking the circle, use the Knife tool to cut it in half horizontally.
                  Make sure you have Share This Layer selected, and then bring the top
                  half of the circle forward.

--
                  Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
                  --------------------------------------------------------------
                  http://www.projectseven.com
                  Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
                  CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
                  http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
                  --------------------------------------------------------------