• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo - Finding all similar files with same issue?

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've sadly had a large proportion of my images corrupt. Although they are scattered throughout my catalogue. How can I display all photos with this issue so I can replace the corrupted with my backup images?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is a way to do this in LR. You'd probably need to copy the backups and then overwrite all original images with their backups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue is that I copied them over to another drive as I was organising my images and removing the thousands of duplicates so that I could effectively back two sets of RAW files up. I didn't have enough room to fully have two copies of everything at once, until everything was sorted. So the images are still retrievable through recovery software on my old lightroom drive that hasn't been overwritten, I just don't have enough room to move all of that data on to the current drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you do as suggested above you do that Outside of LR. Just Copy over from the back up drive Over The Top of your main image drive folders using the File Manager for the OS you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines