Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could macOS app invoke Indesign like C#

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am a .net programmer like to use c#,and I had developped few applications.

In c#,I can use the "Activator"  to get the indesign app object like the "app" object in javascript or vbscript.

In this time,I want to migrate the programs to macOS,but I don't know how to get the indesign app object,

Could anyone tell me?

kind regards.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign supports Applescript you could look into that. Or why not use Javascript, that would be a platform independent solution that would work both on MAC and Win. Whatever api's that you could access using the C# interface can be accessed using Javascript and Apple Script.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for your answer!

I had done this sometimes using javascript like the official demo,

maybe I want to operate the indesign instance object by my masOS app,not in the indesign app,

I want to hide the indesign app and do something,but I can not find the communication suit between

my app to indesign app.

-yongning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

You can use the scripting bridge for Objective-c or Swift to run AppleScript ( which in turn could run JavaScript) to be able to do what you are asking, InDesign could be hidden the entire time and your application could control it.

Hope this helps

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks,

yes,I am finding this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines