• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Rendering

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I having an issue rendering my Ae video without a loss of quality. My project consists of an AI comp which has continuous rasterize on and looks good quality when I scale at 100% preview. So I believe my issue  lies with rendering? Whenever I render my file (lossless, Best Quality, QuickTime) the graphics look awful. A very visible reduction in quality is apparent but I'm at a loss for what to fix? Attached are some images to  show the different in quality. Also, I'm aware I'll most likely need to provide more information about my project to get an answer, so please ask if you need to know more to help me out - I appreciate it! (the first image is what the Ai/vector file looks like at 100% preview in Ae. The next image is what the video looks like after rendered.

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 15.55.04.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-29 at 15.55.34.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually looks pretty normal to me if you account for subpixel positioning, motion blur and antialaising. That's ultimately what it comes down to - unless you make sure everything is perfectly aligned to full pixels, of course things will look ever so slightly softer. if at all, you have to work on that more than anything else.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply! So I did some more playing around and realized when I render just the Ai file from Ae it looks perfect. However, when I put the Ai file into another comp with smaller dimensions (with cont. rasterize checked for everything) and render that, the quality becomes much less. The Ai file is quite large and the comp I am putting it into is smaller (mainly for this test) and thus I need to scale down the Ai file. I understand that a larger file with more pixels will look better but since the file is supposed to be vector shouldn't this not matter? If you save a video using only vector images at a large size and then at a small size, everything else consistent, shouldn't it

look the same?

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 17.19.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We usually render your vector based film as PNG sequence and they always looks good.

Take in consideration to create your vectors in the same size you'll need them in the film. Later you can scale them in the way you want, which is an advantage of vectors. But there is no need to create them much larger or much smaller then you need them, knowing that you have to scale them in any cases.

If you scale them down, you'll need to scale them in full even increments in order to avoid unwanted anti-alasing or interpolation.

Also don't use your video player to check quality after export, but AE again. You don't know, what your player adds on "quality improvements".

Cheers,

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines