5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2009 7:32 AM by ed19

why aren't my FW (PNG) image are not showing up

Why_ATL Level 1
      Hey guys.
      This is really bugging the hell out of me. I feel like I can't move on until i can figure out why my PNG images are not showing up in preview (F12). They did yesterday before I deleted some pages and renamed old pages I no longer needed.

All my images that was done in FW are in my root folder in the file panel. i didn't move any of those. When I double click on the image to bring up the "select image source" in the URL it starts off with two periods then a slash and then the name of where it's located as well as the name of the image. The "relative to": is site root. i didn't change any of these setting before I deleted and renamed pages in my file panel.

Oh, and my Ap Divs show up in light gray boxes.

Please help!
      CS3 Mac
        • 1. Re: why aren't my FW (PNG) image are not showing up
          Level 7

> to bring up the
          > "select image source" in the URL it starts off with two periods then a slash
          > and then the name of where it's located as well as the name of the image. The
          > "relative to": is site root.

a leading /slash is site root relative.

a leading ../ indicates a document relative path.

url to the uploaded page pls.

random guesses-
          is the filename exactly what it should be?
          Are these .png files for web use, or are they PNG fireworks original files
          which are very large in file size because they contain all the info on
          layers and such?

--
          Alan
          Adobe Community Expert, dreamweaver

http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/

• 2. Re: why aren't my FW (PNG) image are not showing up
            Why_ATL Level 1
            Hey Alan
            is the filename exactly what it should be? YES
            Are these .png files for web use, or are they PNG fireworks original files
            which are very large in file size because they contain all the info on
            layers and such?

They are .png files for the web. I can't figure out why my Div is showing up in preview instead of my images There just Div's with the little blue question mark.

This is getting harder and harder. I'm trying to laugh so i don't get a head ache over this. This is weird.
            • 3. Re: why aren't my FW (PNG) image are not showing up
              Level 7
              Why_ATL wrote:
              > Hey Alan
              > is the filename exactly what it should be? YES
              > Are these .png files for web use, or are they PNG fireworks original files
              > which are very large in file size because they contain all the info on
              > layers and such?
              >
              > They are .png files for the web. I can't figure out why my Div is showing up
              > in preview instead of my images There just Div's with the little blue question
              > mark.
              >
              > This is getting harder and harder. I'm trying to laugh so i don't get a head
              > ache over this. This is weird.

Without a link we can only make wild stabs in the dark.

Dooza
              • 4. Re: why aren't my FW (PNG) image are not showing up
                Level 7
                I'm confused by the subject line! Is this like 'all of your base are belong
                to us?' 8)

--
                Murray --- ICQ 71997575
                Adobe Community Expert
                (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
                ==================
                http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                ==================

"Dooza" <doozadooza@gmail.com> wrote in message
                news:gki5he$3pu$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > Why_ATL wrote:
                >> Hey Alan
                >> is the filename exactly what it should be? YES
                >> Are these .png files for web use, or are they PNG fireworks original
                >> files
                >> which are very large in file size because they contain all the info on
                >> layers and such? They are .png files for the web. I can't figure out why
                >> my Div is showing up in preview instead of my images There just Div's
                >> with the little blue question mark.
                >>
                >> This is getting harder and harder. I'm trying to laugh so i don't get a
                >> head ache over this. This is weird.
                >
                > Without a link we can only make wild stabs in the dark.
                >
                > Dooza

• 5. Re: why aren't my FW (PNG) image are not showing up
                  ed19
                  I assume your talking about DW not FW. I had that happen in DW before, what I did was click on the image box or placeholder that does not show you the image, then browse for your image again and select it. I would also re upload all your folders to your server including the images folder.