• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot copy a number with the digit '1' in it.

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to copy the digit 1 from a PDF file onto another file (Notepad, Word, etc.), it pastes the character   .  All other digits, for some reason, copy and paste normally.  Contacted support but they were unable to assist.  I'm using Adobe Acrobat DC. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The character that's pasted is a square - and sometimes a question mark (I see that no character shows in my original post).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eytanb,

As per the issue description mentioned above, when trying to copy and paste digit 1 into notepad./word from a pdf file, you are getting square or questions mark, is that correct?

It seems that the encoding of the fonts is incorrect. Could you check the identity listed for the fonts by clicking File>Properties and go to the Fonts tab?

You may also visit the following forum threads discussing the similar issue:

PDF problem: copy and paste results in squares

Weird characters pasted after copying text from PDF file

Copy text from a PDF to word. Just get Symbols

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam,

Your description of the problem is accurate.  I looked at the font identities but I'm unable to make much of them; I just see CIDFont+F1 (Embedded) althrough F8.  Identity-H.

BTW, I found that it is a particular kind of file from which I cannot copy the digit '1' properly.  There are other PDF files from which the digit '1' is copied properly to Word/Notepad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi eytanb,

Thanks for the info. As you mentioned, its a particular kind of file from which you are facing issue with, you may try using the PDF Fixup Profile "Embed Fonts" in the Preflight tool to embed the font and check if that helps. However, the font does need to be installed on your system.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines