5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2008 10:46 AM by thnguyen

create 404 coldfusion in apache

thnguyen Level 1
      I created a 404.cfm page for CF 8 installed with Apache. Everything is working with 404 except for .cfm pages. When typing a missing .cfm page, 404 page will not working and shows "Requested URL not found in this server".

thanks.
        • 1. Re: create 404 coldfusion in apache
          Level 7
          IIRC, by default, the web server does not check the existence of a cfm
          file before handing it off to ColdFusion. And ColdFusion uses its own
          'Missing Template Handler' that can be set in the CF Administrator.

I believe there are settings that can modify this behavior so that the
          web server does check for templates before handing off to Cold Fusion,
          but that this can have other effects for some functionality where
          content is delivered that 'looks' like a file but actually only exists
          in memory. Some <cfimage...> and <cfform...> functionality maybe like
          this for example.
          • 2. Re: create 404 coldfusion in apache
            thnguyen Level 1
            thank you. so is there a solution to this? Before I was using CF7 with IIS and I have never had this problem. All the missing .cfm page will go to 404.
            • 3. Re: create 404 coldfusion in apache
              Level 7
              Set the Missing Template Handler in the ColdFusion Administrator under
              Settings

--
              Ken Ford
              Adobe Community Expert - Dreamweaver
              Fordwebs, LLC
              http://www.fordwebs.com

"thnguyen" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:fnagko$he4$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > thank you. so is there a solution to this? Before I was using CF7 with
              > IIS and I have never had this problem. All the missing .cfm page will go
              > to 404.

• 4. Re: create 404 coldfusion in apache
                Level 7
                thnguyen wrote:
                > thank you. so is there a solution to this? Before I was using CF7 with IIS and I have never had this problem. All the missing .cfm page will go to 404.

This is my understanding on how CF has worked at least since MX (CF6).
                So either your MX 7 version had the setting configured so that 'all
                templates are checked by the web server' or you had the 'Missing
                Template Handler' pointing to the same 404.cfm file which would have the
                same effect.

• 5. Re: create 404 coldfusion in apache
                  thnguyen Level 1
                  I set missing template handler: /CFIDE/scripts/template.cfm. Inside template points to 404.cfm page.

thanks,