• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get Adobe Air 31.0.0.96 Installed on Windows Server 2008

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe Air for over a year on my Server 2008 terminal server environment. A few months ago I could not install the latest Air update which my application needs. When I try to install it I get: The procedure entry point RaiseFailFastException could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll. When I click to acknowledge that I get: This application requires a version of Adobe AIR which cannot be found. Please download the latest version of the runtime from http://www.adobe.com/go/getair, or contact the application author for an updated version.

In doing some digging I found that my KERNEL32.dll had been updated by a Windows update around April or May of this year. I have been waiting for someone else to report this problem, but have not seen anyone post anything. So I guess I am one of the few using a fully updated Server 2008 R1 Service Pack 2 Standard Server. My processor is an Intel Core 2 Duo.

I have tried downloading the installer several times and tried running as administrator and in compatability mode. What can I do to get this installed so that I can run the latest version of my app?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you seeing issue installing Adobe AIR or your application? Could you post a screenshot of the issue. Are you running using Admin privileges?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am logged in as an Admin and also Running As Administrator.

Attached is a screen shot.AIRerror.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the screenshot. The issue is not related to AIR installer but seems like some of your OS files are corrupt. Please run System File Checker Tool to fix this issue. You can refer to The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link - Microsoft Community  link for the same.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran SFC with administrator privileges and it did not find any problems. As I mentioned, there was a Windows update that replaced kernel32.dll back in June and my suspicion is that the AIR installer was not tested with that version of the updated file. The version of kernel32.dll on my system is Version 6.0.6002.24412 dated 6/8/2018 with a file size of 1,215,488 bytes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Team,

We are also facing same issue on Windows Server 2008 editions.

By further digging in the issue, we have found "RaiseFailFastException" function included in "kernel32.exe" is not supported on Windows Server 2008 Edition. This is  supported on  Windows 7 & Windows Server 2008 R2 and above OS version (RaiseFailFastException function (Windows)).

We are facing this issue on Adobe Air version 30.0.0.107 and above version.

For Adobe Air version 29.0.0.112 and below, this issue has not been observed. This versions are getting installed and updated  on Windows Server 2008 Editions without any error.

It seems that something has changed since from version 30.0.0.107 and above version, which is looking for "RaiseFailFastException" function in "Kernel32.exe", but as it is not supported on this OS platform, we are receiving the error as "The procedure entry point RaiseFailFastException could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll".

Can you please check this issue and do let us know whether Windows Server 2008 editions are supported for Adobe Air version 30.0.0.107 and above version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are trying to isolate this issue on Windows Server 2008. In Between, we recommend you to upgrade to Windows Server 2008 R2 which is the latest version and doesn't have this issue.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am running Windows 2008 R2 and I am having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines