• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install previous versions of CC software?

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an educational license for Creative Suite, but our license does not work yet for the 2019 version. Although Adobe is developing this license, they say it will not be available until 2019. In the meantime, I still need these programs for work - is there a way I can install the older versions?

I have only found instructions on how to go back to to previously installed versions, but at this point my computer does not have any versions on it. Thanks!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Thanks for the additional information Alexa, it seems you have a volume license of Creative Cloud for new updates please contact your university.

For previous versions follow the steps shown in the screenshot below: Go to Preferences > Select 'Show older versions' > Select 'Installed apps' > Click on the drop-down select 'Manage' > Select 'Other versions' > choose the version you want to install.

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ams629,

As you have mentioned you would like to install previous versions of  Adobe apps, do you want to install previous versions of  Creative Cloud apps or do you want to install old Creative Suite apps?

If you want to install the previous version of CC apps, then please refer to the following help document to know how to do that: Install previous version of your Creative Cloud app.

To download and install Creative Suite apps, please go to Adobe software and other downloads.

Note: Creative Suite applications are not supported on any of the latest operating systems and therefore, many of the Creative Suite installers may not function normally on any of the latest operating systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bani,

Thanks for your help.

I would like to install previous versions of Creative Cloud apps, but cannot do so per the instructions in the first link, as I do not have any previous versions on my computer. Perhaps there is a file I can download to allow me to install the previous version through CC? I have a license enabler for 2018 from my university, but it does not work for the 2019 versions (my coworkers were informed they should not yet upgrade until Adobe updates the license enabler).

Best,

Alexa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the additional information Alexa, it seems you have a volume license of Creative Cloud for new updates please contact your university.

For previous versions follow the steps shown in the screenshot below: Go to Preferences > Select 'Show older versions' > Select 'Installed apps' > Click on the drop-down select 'Manage' > Select 'Other versions' > choose the version you want to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines