0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2018 11:07 AM by stevenf84489892

LR6 showing me both drive letter and UNC path as two locations

stevenf84489892

LR same location two ways.JPG

Hi, apologies if I'm not in the correct place for this question. I'm new here.

Background:

Been using LR for a number of years now. Currently using LR 6.6.1. and Windows 10.

I store my photos on external USB drive (F) and share it so that the shareable pics are visible on the TV via my home network.

I store my photos chronologically with a high level folder for each year, then within that, each photo event as a specific date/description.

Issue/Question:

a) I don't know why LR is showing me both the drive letter version and the UNC version of the supposedly the same folders. Interestingly, the F: one shows them in cascading/nested format, while the UNC shows a flat format. (anyone know why?)  How do I make the UNC version go away? I don't need/want it in LR.

b) I noticed that the supposedly same folder in both of those locations is NOT showing the same photos, despite doing SYNC in both locations. For example, in the folder 2013-08-23 in F: it shows 1 photo (Windows explorer shows 88). And the UNC folder of the same, is showing 87 photos - and NOT the one shown in the F: version.

I don't use stacking and went through the unstacking exercise just in case - no difference.

I tried dragging pics from UNC to F: version but it wouldn't let me.

On the high level, the F: drive shows a photo count of 42,343 photos and the UNC version shows 1,402.

How do I unify and remove the UNC version?

Thanks