1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 4, 2018 11:44 AM by Ahmad9yards

Premiere Pro (13.0.1) Crashing during startup at Unmult_64.aex (and other files as I have systematically removed the problem files)

Vic DiGital Level 1

As of an hour ago, Premiere won't load on my computer, crashing every time with Unmult_64.aex on the load screen.  I thought it might be a bad video drive and have disconnected every drive except the C Drive.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere with no difference.  I have no problem loading up previous versions of Premiere.

I'm running a PC, Windows 10, GeForce GTX Titan Black,  Intel i7-4820K, CPU 3.70 GHz, 64GB Ram.  All video drivers, BIOS and Windows are up to date.

It was working fine an hour ago.  I had to reboot the computer, and now it won't load the program, crashing at the same point during the load every time.  I've rebooted the computer several times and have disconnected every external and internal drive except C drive, obviously.

UPDATE:  Still not working.

Removed unmult_64.aex from the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore folder but this time it crashed at another .aex folder, which I then removed, and it crashed another one.  I finally removed the entire MediaCore folder, and then it started crashing on some quicktime .prm files which I then removed, then it crashed on Wraptor.prm which I removed, and then finally on TSStrider.dll, and after I removed that, it just gave me a warning box that a side-by-side module of something was not present so it wouldn't even get to the loading screen.

I have also reset the preferences by holding down alt-shift after launching the program, but no change.

UPDATE 2: Still not working

However, I located another user who seems to have had the same problem and their only solution that worked was to completely uninstall all Adobe products, run the Creative Cloud Cleaner app, rename some appdata folders,  and then re-install everything.  I'm holding out hope there's some other solution besides this nuclear option, as it's just such a hassle to have to re-install every plug-in for Premiere and After Effects AGAIN.  

One temporary solution so I can at least get through my current projects before having to do a full re-install is to create a different User Admin account on Windows and load up Premiere there.  Works fine in the other user account.  Is there any way to just migrate the user settings from the temp account to my regular user account?