• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to work on both desktop and laptop with same Catalogue if I want to be more mobile? [was: Mac]

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a IMAC for Desktop and a new Macrook pro for laptop .  I use LR CC classic and PS .. Lightroom is the start of my workflow . I have hundreds of presets and Actions that I use in my WF.   I have always worked on desktop but now want to be mobile .  I live in the country and our satellite internet is very slow .  What would y'all recommend me doing if I want to work on both PC and Laptop with same Catalogue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suggest that you keep your images on a portable external hard drive and a copy of your latest catalog on that same hard drive.  When working at home, connect the EHD to the desktop and copy the catalog to the internal computer hard drive.  When finished, copy the latest catalog back to the EHD.

When on the road, take your EHD with you.  Copy the catalog to the notebook  and add and/or work on new photos on the EHD. Finally copy the catalog back to the EHD.

When back home, copy the latest catalog now on your EHD to your desktop and work as before with all the latest photos and edits.

Be sure to backup the EHD to a second EHD to prevent losing any of your photos or your work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines