• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ARW files and CR2 files not sorting by capture time

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My second shooter shot with a Sony and I have her ARW files, mine are Canon- CR2 files. We synced dates and times. In Lightroom it's showing most of her files sorted by capture time, then its showing MY CR2 files sorted by capture time. I need them all together sorted by capture time and I can't figure it out. However! Some of her files ARE in chronological order with mine. I remember upon import, the ones that aren't sorting were in a seperate folder. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

To my knowledge no matter what camera took what image and or how/when they were import if in the Library module you set the SORT: to Capture time they WILL be displayed in the order of the Date/Time the cameras were set to. I have done this with a Fuji X-E2, Fuji X-T2 and a Panasonic LX5 and LX100. If the cameras were/are actually synced for Date and Time then the images appear in the correct order.

I suspect one camera had a different Date set and the time was close or spot on. That would be the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my knowledge no matter what camera took what image and or how/when they were import if in the Library module you set the SORT: to Capture time they WILL be displayed in the order of the Date/Time the cameras were set to. I have done this with a Fuji X-E2, Fuji X-T2 and a Panasonic LX5 and LX100. If the cameras were/are actually synced for Date and Time then the images appear in the correct order.

I suspect one camera had a different Date set and the time was close or spot on. That would be the cause of the 2 different cameras importing to different folders, if you have into subfolder selected and By Date set as the folder creation option.

Or one camera was set to 24 hour and the other set to 12 hour modes and you set both to say 3 o'clock. One would be 3 AM in the morning and the other 3 PM. But that wouldn't make them go into different folders.

You can change that in LR for all the images with the wrong date/time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see the mistake. She has it set to AM instead of PM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines