• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fujifilm X-Pro2 Raf file and X-Trans III sensor - Problematic Lightroom demosaicization

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I use a Fujifilm X-Pro2 camera.

This camera has a very special sensor that is called X-Trans III and generates files in RAF format.

I noticed a very bad demosaicing of these files when I import them and display them in Lightroom.

I followed various tips and tricks that I found on the web but it seems that Lightroom is not able to make a decent demosaicization for these RAF files.

I downloaded the free software "Capture One 11 Fuji Free" performing the same operations I do in LIghtroom.

In this case the RAF files are perfect and perfectly demosaicized and imported.

After many years of using Lightroom I would like to continue using this wonderful Adobe and non-Capture One program. I also have a certain age and I do not have the desire and the time to learn another new software.

What advice could you give me?

At Adobe could not improve Camera Raw because it is perfectly compatible with RAF files generated by the X-Trans sensor? ... like Capture One?

Equipment:

iMac 27 'i5

Use Lightroom Classic CC 7.5

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like Adobe doesn't really care about their users nor reads this forum or any other forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. This is a forum not a support page, no Adobe Techs here, just customers sharing information

this not to the OP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some imorovements in Adobe RAF conversion have been made, mostly in the v7.5 that you have, but you should be updating to v8.1

also : https://petapixel.com/2018/02/02/debunking-6-myths-fujifilm-x-trans-sensor/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines