• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 files to Lightroom Classic CC (outsourcing)

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all! I am an editor and I have a new client who has Lightroom 6. Can she send me files and vice versa without having the same version as I do, which is Lightroom Classic CC? Anyone else deal with this yet? My other clients have the newest version, same as I do. So I havent tried this yet.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What files do you mean? Catalogs are not transferrable to earlier version of LR; but certainly you can transfer images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

She can either export DNG files, or  save to XMP (Metadata>Save Metadata to File) - this will write out the editing into DNG files, or into a sidecar XMP file in the case of proprietary raw files, and then send copies of these.  What will be missing: pick/reject flags, step by step edit history.  Also, if you use any features that LR 6 doesn't have, such as Range Mask, Dehaze, etc, that work will be missing when you send the files to her. Since she's the photographer and the one with LR 6, she won't be sending you files with missing editing though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines