• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro PC Build Advice (2 years in the making)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started a thread two years ago about this PC build and never built it.  I am at the point where I really need to move forward.  The issue is my parts list was old and technology has changed.  I am doing the best I can reviewing other advice and builds and fine tuning it to my needs. If you would be so kind as to review my parts and offer some advice or suggestions.  I really need something that can scrub the timeline with no stuttering and encode a video fast.  If you see where I could save some money please let me know.  As long as it does not hurt performance too much. Thanks for your help.

PC Part Picker gave me this warning.  I was thinking of using three M.2 drives.  Is it not a good idea because of this warning?

• The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled.
  • The motherboard M.2 slot #3 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated, four SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are disabled.
  • SATA ports 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 disabled with M.2 drive seated in M.2 port by CPU socket (M2P-32G)
  • PCIe slot 2 disabled with M.2 drive seated in M.2 port by PCIe slot 1 (M2M_32G)
  • Performance of SATA drives on ASMedia-based SATA ports

[PCPartPicker part list](https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YdxGw6)

[Amazon list] https://www.amazon.com/shop/chasiu75

Intel BX80673I97940X  i9-7940XCore Processor 14 Cores/28 Threads

Noctua NH-D15 6 heatpipe with Dual NF-A15 140mm fans

ARCTIC MX-4 Thermal Compound Paste

GIGABYTE X299 DESIGNARE EX Motherboard

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Gaming, 11GB GDDR5X

Crucial 16GB Single DDR4 2666 MT/s (PC4-21300) DR x8 DIMM 288-Pin Memory - CT16G4DFD8266  x 4

Samsung 970 PRO Series - 1TB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD x 3 Added one more.

Samsung 860 PRO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD Removed

WD Black 6TB Performance Hard Drive - 7200 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, 256 MB Cache, 3.5" -

be quiet! BG003 Silent Base 800 Case

EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 80+ TITANIUM, 1600W

ASUS Computer International Direct Blu-Ray Writer BW-16D1HT

StarTech.com USB 3.0 Internal Multi-Card Reader with UHS-II Support

New PC 2018 Update 4.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, not as many in-depth responses to posts of possible full builds as I recall in the past. The one I am currently sitting on is very similar to yours. The only comments I could get on Tom's Hardware was for Ryzen Threadripper. And I looked at the options, but there are lots of variations within the benchmarks. So I'm still looking at Intel.

Here is my latest. We both have the same video card, but not in stock at the moment. I am just under $4,000, using the old price at Newegg for the video card ($805) and I have fewer M.2 drives for a start.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DHZKxG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback Stan. Hopefully our discussion might invite more feedback.  Especially if we say something stupid that creates some controversy.

I want to stick to Intel due to some past childhood trauma involving AMD.

Have you looked into the newer RTX 270 or 280?  What made you want to stick to the GTX 1080?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out they have a newer be quiet! Silent Base 801 Black ATX Midi Tower vs. the 800 I had listed before.  I am switching to the newer model.

be quiet! Silent Base 801 Black ATX Midi Tower - Newegg.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Switching to RTX 2080 Ti for the video card. Heard from someone that went to an Adobe event that they plan to utilize its new functions in the near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines