• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to import catalog from another computer

Participant ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The crux is should I import he originals first, or import the catalog first?

I googled "lightroom classic how to import catalog" but could only find articles on importing from elements and importing from an export.

Basically, have a main Mac with my master catalog.

I have a PC (laptop) which I use for traveling. On the PC I installed LR Classic from scratch, which creates a new catalog and added/edited my 20GB of holiday photos.

Now I want to bring that work into my main catalog.

I have copied the original photos on the the HD of the Mac, but they will have slightly different folder names as I got the numbering slightly out.

Should I import he originals into LR on the MAC first, or import the catalog form the PC first?  I don't want to mess it up.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could just place a copy of the catalog on the Mac and then double-click on it to start Lightroom. Since you changed the name of the folders, you'll have to go to the library and right-click on the folder or folders and choose the option to find the missing folder. Then, using Finder, point Lightroom to the folder with the correct name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines