• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the correct panel icon size?

Engaged ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got an extension panel ready to package up and distribute, but one thing still bugs me a bit--the icon:

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 4.09.47 PM.png

I have set it up as a 23x23 .png file since that is what I have seen posted in other discussions. I've also supplied retina versions at 46x46 for @2X and 69x69 for @3x. (I like to future-proof.)

As you can see in the image above, the icon appears slightly offset to the right. Is 23x23 not the correct size anymore and, if not, what should I make my icons?

Side Quests

1. I've tried making the icon .svg files instead, as they would theoretically remain nice and sharp all the way up to the largest interface scale (since Illustrator CC 2019 allows for this now). However, I have thus far been unable to get SVGs to work consistently. Certainly not with a non-filled 23x23 square to surrounding the art.
  2. I've got my manifest.xml file set up to use the four types listed in the Cookbook: Normal, RollOver, DarkNormal, and DarkRollOver. This accounts for two brightness levels. However, with Illustrator CC 2019 (and possibly earlier versions), there are 4 levels of interface Brightness in Preferences->User Interface: Light, MediumLight, MediumDark, and Dark. Are these not yet implemented in CEP?

Thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

So, it appears that this is normal. Comparing with all the other icons, I see that they are all offset a bit. I’m sure this is a side effect of having the collapsed form of the panel—a button—always having text beside it, but only showing that text when its width is expanded by dragging the side of it. Something like that, anyway.

Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 10.13.15 AM.png

So, mystery solved. It’s normal.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

​

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, it appears that this is normal. Comparing with all the other icons, I see that they are all offset a bit. I’m sure this is a side effect of having the collapsed form of the panel—a button—always having text beside it, but only showing that text when its width is expanded by dragging the side of it. Something like that, anyway.

Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 10.13.15 AM.png

So, mystery solved. It’s normal.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines