• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to reconnect files in elements 19

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exported about 200 photos from Macintosh Photos to a folder and then imported them into elements organizer. When I try to edit or save I get a message and action to reconnect file but that folder I exported to doesn't show as an option. Any help most appreciated.

Charlie

Also can I batch file reduce to send these picture of grave markers to a friend.

Thanks for both

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have exported about 200 photos from Macintosh Photos to a folder and then imported them into elements organizer. When I try to edit or save I get a message and action to reconnect file but that folder I exported to doesn't show as an option. Any help most appreciated.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to understand the exact steps you've performed and the issue you are facing. I suggest you to re-import this folder again in organizer by using Import > From files and Folders option.

Let me know your findings.

Also can I batch file reduce to send these picture of grave markers to a friend.

Please elaborate more about your query here.

Thanks

Arshla Jindal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Arshla Jindal, I will try to be as clear as I can. First I exported these photos from Mac Photos to a folder on my hard drive. I then opened Elements Organizer, then selected my folder called Mac Photos using get files and folders, and imported the photos. I emailed some to a friend. Closed Elements and re-opened later and then whenever I tried to even select a photo got a message saying needed to reconnect. Wasn't able to so that is where I am at. I still may not have explained clearly enough but don't worry as will someway use Mac Photos. Thanks for all your help though.

Forgot to say I also wondered if I could reduce the file size other than when emailing .

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an help doc about reconnection:

Photoshop Elements (PSE) knowledge base.

Forgot to say I also wondered if I could reduce the file size other than when emailing .

- From the editor, individually from the menu Image >> resize

- or by batch from the menu File >> process multiple files

- or from the organizer from the menu File >> Export as new files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MichelBParis thanks again.

When I see the little question mark in top left corner I click on Find All missing files, a dialog appears searching and it searches from 1 to 100% but nothing appears in any other window.

I guess I am too used to my Mac doing all this for me when I use other Mac programs and edit something and when I click on save it just gives me the option to save to that file or to save as an edit of that file. Just wish this program did the same.

When I try to reconnect it I get a window showing my backup to Time Machine. I guess that means I must have backed up to time machine but I have never selected it I selected a folder on my desktop names BackupNov11 etc. That folder doesn’t appear as an option for me to search for the root file or whatever it is called.

I do appreciate the help very much but either I am too dense for this program or something so will probably just forget and do some editing in Elements but try to save back to my Mac Photos Folder.

Thanks very much though.

Charlie

I have a couple of screen shots that show some of what happens.

Sorry not allowed to insert the pdf images so just thanks much

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines