I have a script that loads variables from HTML files. Those
files are somewhat long text with proper html tags (p, h1, a,
etc.). The content of the loadvar is then assigned to the htmlText
of a text field.
The problem is that Flash truncates the text on the first
accent it encounters. In Dreamweaver, i've tried changing all the
accents to the ascii codes (&#xxx;) and to the HTML names
I've tried putting the actual characters within the code
window as well, that doesn't result in the text being truncated,
but it simply doesn't display the letter and some other letters
following it too.
I've managed to read text properly from an XML, but in this
instance, i'd like to keep the formating - bolds, headers, etc.
Is there another option i haven't looked at when it comes to
outputting special characters from a loadVar.