5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2018 8:03 PM by johnrellis

Moving Develop Presets to 2nd computer

SuePSE

I have tried copying my Develop Presets from my desktop to my notebook computer.  I copied them into the Library/ApplicationSupport/Adobe/Lightroom/DevelopSettings folder on the notebook.  Closed LR and restarted and they do not load into my Presets panel. 

I did notice when I go to Lightroom/Preferences/Presets and click on Show Lightroom Develop Presets, it takes me to Library/ApplicationSupport/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings.  Is this part of my problem?  If so, I don't know how to change that.

I am running Mac High Sierra on both computers and have the most up-to-date version of LR.

Lightroom Classic version: 8.0

License: Creative Cloud

• 1. Re: Moving Develop Presets to 2nd computer
          johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

I did notice when I go to Lightroom/Preferences/Presets and click on Show Lightroom Develop Presets, it takes me to Library/ApplicationSupport/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings.  Is this part of my problem? 

Prior to LR 7.3, the location of develop presets was:

/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

Starting at LR 7.3, the format of the presets changed from .lrtemplate to .xmp, and the location changed to:

/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw

The easiest way to get to the new location is via Preferences > Presets > Show Lightroom Develop Presets.

You tried copying the old-format (.lrtemplate) presets from the old location on the old computer to the new computer. There were almost certainly prefixed with "~~", indicating that LR had already converted them to the new .xmp format. 

Instead, copy the new-format .xmp files from the new location on the old computer to the new location on the new computer:

/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Moving Develop Presets to 2nd computer
            davidg36166309 Level 4

In

/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings

or

/Users/user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/ImportedSettings

The later is whee LR places the=m when you have it import them.

• 3. Re: Moving Develop Presets to 2nd computer
              thedigitaldog MVP & Adobe Community Professional

The 'store presets with catalog' preference option is your friend.

• 4. Re: Moving Develop Presets to 2nd computer
                SuePSE Level 1

Got it!!!  It took me a couple times before I completely got what you were saying.  But now all presets are happily on my notebook computer.  Still missing the bunch of presets that disappeared with the LR update a version or two ago but that's a different issue!  Always something to take up hours of time we don't have.  Thanks so much for your help!!  Couldn't have done it without you. 

• 5. Re: Moving Develop Presets to 2nd computer
                  johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

Glad you got it sorted.