• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I drag+drop .png's into design view and have it be coded?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's only .png's I'm having problems with getting Dreamweaver (CC 2017) to accept.

I can't drag a png from my comp folder into design view. I have to manually add it to my code.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

If you are talking about draging the png's from your OS's file manager, and Dw automatically adding the img element code. This was removed from Dw a few versions ago, (sorry I cannot remember which version), but you could install an older version of Dw and use that, (try CS6).

The only limitation in having 2 or more versions installed, is that you cannot have more than 1 version open at any time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Insert  > HTML > Image or keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+i

You should be prompted to browse to the image location. 

If that doesn't work, Restore Preferences.

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restoring preferences didn't work.

Insert > HTML > Image or Ctrl+Alt+i would only let me insert one png at a time. :l Any other ways?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right.  You can only insert one image at a time.  Dw has always worked that way.

If you have a large collection of photos, use PHP code to dynamically populate your page with images.  All the work is done by your server and it saves a lot of time.

Alt-Web Demo : Dynamic Photo Gallery with Bootstrap 4, PHP & Fancybox

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are talking about draging the png's from your OS's file manager, and Dw automatically adding the img element code. This was removed from Dw a few versions ago, (sorry I cannot remember which version), but you could install an older version of Dw and use that, (try CS6).

The only limitation in having 2 or more versions installed, is that you cannot have more than 1 version open at any time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines