4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2008 9:15 PM by E.S.D.

Html text in email

E.S.D.
      Hi All!

I have a flash email form that sends an email using PHP, but when I recieve the email in my inbox there are just the headers and then a HTML code type of text. The text looks like this.....

Name: <TEXTFORMAT LEADING=\"15\"><P ALIGN=\"LEFT\"><FONT FACE=\"Century Gothic\" SIZE=\"11\" COLOR=\"#666666\" LETTERSPACING=\"0\" KERNING=\"0\">Essie</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>
      E-Mail: <TEXTFORMAT LEADING=\"15\"><P ALIGN=\"LEFT\"><FONT FACE=\"Century Gothic\" SIZE=\"11\" COLOR=\"#666666\" LETTERSPACING=\"0\" KERNING=\"0\">esiedan@yahoo</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>
      Comments: <TEXTFORMAT LEADING="15"><P ALIGN="LEFT"><FONT FACE="Century Gothic" SIZE="11" COLOR="#666666" LETTERSPACING="0" KERNING="0">My message</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Html text in email
          robdillon Most Valuable Participant
          If I remember correctly, this is a problem with input textfields in the Mac version of Flash. Somehow the Auto Kern option gets set to true and this causes html formatted text to be sent as the data string. What makes this so vexing is that the Auto Kern option is not available on the Mac version's Input and Dynamic textfields.

On the Mac version of Flash 8 and CS3, Auto Kern is set to false by default, and on the Windows versions it is set to true by default. This problem exists in both Flash 8 and CS3.

The only solution that I know of is to remove the existing Input textfields and then recreate them.
          • 2. Re: Html text in email
            Damon Edwards Level 3
            "The only solution that I know of is to remove the existing Input textfields and then recreate them."

No, you can change them to static fields, de-select auto-kern, and change them back to input.
            • 3. Re: Html text in email
              E.S.D. Level 1
              Thank you ... will try this and see if it works.
              • 4. Re: Html text in email
                E.S.D. Level 1
                Oh goodie it works ... Thanks a mil!!!