1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 22, 2008 9:05 AM by Newsgroup_User

iPlayer and YouTube Style Playback?

BeejCurtis Level 1
      Hi,

purchased my creative suite 3 production premium and would really like to know the following: The BBC (and channel 4 in the UK) are now providing free players so you can watch on-demand content of BBC programmes broadcast over the last 7 days on all BBC channels, directly on your PC. I can see the player uses Flash but it's amazing that the software knoes when a time limit of 30days has lapsed and the d-loaded movie will be deleted from your downloads.

I have been providing tutorials on-line now for 5 years but they have been static. I have dreamed of providing a service like this and really want to offer my members and customers internationally, the ability to watch our videos after paying a small fee. Is this soemthing that can be easily made using Flash/Premiere/After Effects and deliver it to them via a d-loadable movie file?

I use Actinic for shopping cart and can already offer d-loadable artwork files, photoshop files and other tutorial items to the customer but it is time for video and I have been saving for a while to splash out on the right software so the Production Premium suite was the one for me. I now have it and haven't had much time to even play (have got experience with Photoshop/Flash/Premiere) and already have a few movies on iTunes and YouTube which have had rave reviews and only uised MovieMaker to make these!

Any advice would be very warmly welcome as this project really needs to get up and running now, are there tutorials withing the p[ackage itself to make a podcast/youtube style movie with player?

Thanks in advance,

Beej
        • 1. Re: iPlayer and YouTube Style Playback?
          Level 7
          Hi Beej,

I had a product a while back called the Green Player which streamed
          video from Youtube, Daily Motion, Google Video, and direct FLVs. I do know
          for a fact that what you describe is feasible because I've done something
          similar. Please contact me and I can give you further details and some
          suggestions on how you can go about doing this: patrick (AT) baynewmedia
          (dot) com

Regards,
          Patrick Bay
          BAY NEW MEDIA

"BeejCurtis" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:fn57hv$jr9$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi,
          >
          > purchased my creative suite 3 production premium and would really like to
          > know
          > the following: The BBC (and channel 4 in the UK) are now providing free
          > players
          > so you can watch on-demand content of BBC programmes broadcast over the
          > last 7
          > days on all BBC channels, directly on your PC. I can see the player uses
          > Flash
          > but it's amazing that the software knoes when a time limit of 30days has
          > lapsed
          > and the d-loaded movie will be deleted from your downloads.
          >
          > I have been providing tutorials on-line now for 5 years but they have been
          > static. I have dreamed of providing a service like this and really want to
          > offer my members and customers internationally, the ability to watch our
          > videos
          > after paying a small fee. Is this soemthing that can be easily made using
          > Flash/Premiere/After Effects and deliver it to them via a d-loadable movie
          > file?
          >
          > I use Actinic for shopping cart and can already offer d-loadable artwork
          > files, photoshop files and other tutorial items to the customer but it is
          > time
          > for video and I have been saving for a while to splash out on the right
          > software so the Production Premium suite was the one for me. I now have it
          > and
          > haven't had much time to even play (have got experience with
          > Photoshop/Flash/Premiere) and already have a few movies on iTunes and
          > YouTube
          > which have had rave reviews and only uised MovieMaker to make these!
          >
          > Any advice would be very warmly welcome as this project really needs to
          > get up
          > and running now, are there tutorials withing the p[ackage itself to make a
          > podcast/youtube style movie with player?
          >
          > Thanks in advance,
          >
          > Beej
          >