5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2008 11:58 AM by dkmanley

Reflection effect in Flash 8

dkmanley
      I am using Flash 8 and I am creating a refection effect “reflection.fla” which has 4 layers, an action layer which handles the reflection, a video layer, a reflection layer and a mask layer to fade out the reflection layer. The video I want to use in the video and reflection layer is another file “original.fla” with many layers, animations and imported video. I am trying to export or convert this “original.fla” animation so it can be imported as a movie, into “reflection.fla”
      The problem is the Flash exporter only does QuickTime, which I don’t have or AVI which does not convert the imported video layers and play them back.
      I guess I could create the effect using the “original.fls but I set it up where all the layers are at the scene level. Is there a way to move all the layers into a movie of their own? … or is there a clean converter so I can export “original.fla” and import it into “reflection.fla”?
      Thanks,
      Dave
        • 1. Re: Reflection effect in Flash 8
          dodgetigger
          Why don't you just load the generated .swf from "original.fla" with loadMovie()?
          • 2. Re: Reflection effect in Flash 8
            dkmanley Level 1
            I guess because I am not familiar with it or how to use with the other action scripts I have. Below is the action script which controls the video for all the layers. I want to use the .swf instead of the .flv because th e.flv is missing items and it does not animate.

var nc : NetConnection = new NetConnection();
            nc.connect(null);
            var ns : NetStream = new NetStream(nc);
            myVideo.attachVideo(ns);
            ns.play("test-reflect.flv");
            • 3. Re: Reflection effect in Flash 8
              ashwani sharma
              You can convert .avi to .flv using import video command in file menu in flash8. Just use import>video and follow the given instruction.....
              • 4. Re: Reflection effect in Flash 8
                dkmanley Level 1
                Thank you that is a good tip for future reference however the .avi is corrupt. The .avi plays back from the script (mostly). The problem is that the embedded video on the "original.fla" that was exported to the .avi does not play and actual letters from text strings are missing in the .avi. So I am really looking for a way to convert or to get the .swf from original.fla to play cleanly in the script below and avoid having to export to .avi.

I am looking for a way (or have tried):

a.)To export intact, a project (.fla) with embedded video to a movie file format that works.
                b.) convert .swf to .flv (if it will handle embedded video)
                or
                c.) a way to get my .fla with embedded video layers to play in the script....
                var nc : NetConnection = new NetConnection();
                nc.connect(null);
                var ns : NetStream = new NetStream(nc);
                myVideo.attachVideo(ns);
                ns.play("somemovie.avi");
                • 5. Re: Reflection effect in Flash 8
                  dkmanley Level 1
                  Any ideas??
                  Dave