• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advanced Action doesn't start when I use Jump to slide.

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is a tricky problem but someone has probably seen it before.

I have one slide with four buttons and four smart shapes that contains information. The idea is this:

1. When I click a button it should change color to green. (It's working)
  2. All the other buttons must be reset to normal state. There can be only one...green. (Does not work)
  3. A info box (smart shape) connected to the right button should be visible, and the others should be hidden. (Done not work)

This is what I have done:

1. I have a user variable, dm_button that is set to the value 1. (I print out the variable, and it works for)
  2. I have one slide with four buttons and four smart shapes. Each buttons change the state when it is clicked.
  3. Each button Action runs an Advanced Action that sets a new value for the dm_button variable and justing Jump to slide (the same slide).
  4. On Enter (slide) another Advanced Action is supposed to be triggered. But it's not. This Advanced Action should change the states of the buttons and show or hide the info boxes.

Here's the AA if you want to check it.

I hope someone can help me.

Btw, I'm using Mac, latest OS and latest Captivate 11.0.1.226.

Screenshot 2018-11-08 at 11.04.28.pngScreenshot 2018-11-08 at 11.04.49.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

This is much easier with a multistate object. I did publish two posts, one for a non-responsive project and one for a responsive project where I compare the workflows. It has also a conditional appearance of a Next button. This is the one for a non-responsive project:

Force Clicking Hotspots: Comparison 2 Workflows - eLearning

Is the Visited state an InBuilt state or a custom state? You should use a custom state.

As for the Hide/Show workflow, you will read in the blog post that I recommend to use

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is much easier with a multistate object. I did publish two posts, one for a non-responsive project and one for a responsive project where I compare the workflows. It has also a conditional appearance of a Next button. This is the one for a non-responsive project:

Force Clicking Hotspots: Comparison 2 Workflows - eLearning

Is the Visited state an InBuilt state or a custom state? You should use a custom state.

As for the Hide/Show workflow, you will read in the blog post that I recommend to use grouping for the info boxes. That way you get rid of two commands, because you'll need only:

HIde Group

Show info.

SORRY. Those were recommendations, but I see you jump to the same slide,  That will NOT replay the On Enter action at all. I explained that extensively in this blog post. You need to RE-ENTER the slide to have that action run.

Replay (slide) Button - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lilybiri. I thought so. Jump To Slide does not work at all in this case. However, I followed your recommendation and used Multistage Objects for the info box, it's so easy to use but powerful. And combined with some advanced actions. Now it works perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Jump to Slide is working, but when used to the same slide as the current slide it is just going to the first frame of that slide which is logical. To have the On Enter action also done, you should have to jump to at least one frame before the first frame of this slide. That is what I explained in that blog post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, thank you for the clarification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources