• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

dvd not play on windows 10 laptop

Participant ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dvd created in encore CS6 will not play on a windows 10 latop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do any DVDs play? What version of Windows 10 do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I'd have to check with the client

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, commercial dvds play ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DVDs produced with Encore CS6 will play in Windows 10 PCs, but only if they have the media options installed. If they can play commercial DVDs, it should be okay.

You can have a problem with a single disk out of a batch (bad media; failing burner) or an authoring problem (very disk will fail, but perhaps only on some platforms (works on player hooked to TV, not on PC). And this is always difficult when you're trying to get the client to troubleshoot.

Can you play a copy of the disk on a PC? On a player hooked to a TV?

If you believe you have a well-authored disk, just send another copy. But often you can't know that.

My quality control (when I was producing more disks than the very few I do now) included 1) software players (build to folder or image and play on PC; my favorite then was Total Media Theater; now PowerDVD - others, e.g. VLC often failed to correctly handle slideshows or such); 2) burn rewriteable and test on computer; then 3) test rewriteable on multiple DVD/BD players and TVs; 4) burn to DVD-R and same tests. If it was for a single client, I'd test the single disk going out more than if it was multiple clients. My best test (for finding oddities in Encore's processing) was my son's portable DVD player. If it would play it, anything would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your detailed response Stan.

Turns out it is an older laptop 3-4 years (this was all communicated via the clients mother -hence some confusion!).

The dvd sent out has since been played on an old dvd player and it works fine. The dvd played OK on my pc (windows 7 professional ) and I tested on my dvd player which worked fine.

She is now going to buy a dvd player!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DVD burner/player probably needs firmware update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines