• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IMPORT PRESETS- I've followed all the tutorials and my presets won't load the same way I've been doing it in the past.

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I import individually and also have tried dragging and dropping into the Lightroom preferences way. I restart LR and they still don't show up. If I import individually they won't import all of them and they only go to USER PRESETS and I can't get them into folders. HELP!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this link for the location of Profiles, Presets etc for Lightroom Classic

Preference file and other file locations | Lightroom Classic CC and Lightroom 6

Hope this helps.

There is some additional info available in a related thread in the forum recently.

XMP Preset not importing into Lightroom Classic CC

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh, I wish that article was in dumbed down English. I can't even read it and not get my head in a bundle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a user to user forum and the vast majority of the replies you will get here are from users like your self.

The first link in my post was to an official article from Adobe and we the users do not get to write these articles.

The reason I thought it would have been helpful is that I was aware that Adobe had made some recent changes to Profiles and Presets in the updated versions of Lightroom. Also in your initial post you wrote "and they only go to USER PRESETS and I can't get them into folders. HELP!!!"

User Presets and Profiles (included those produced by third parties) are stored in specific USER folders and they have been identified in the article.

The profiles presets created by Adobe will get installed in their appropriate location.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not state your LR version. Anyhow, starting a couple of versions back, Adobe decided to in effect hide most presets.

I am currently v8 (CC Classic) this append at least one, maybe two versions past.

In LR, in the Develop module, in the Presets panel, Click on the + symbol top of the presets panel, select manage, see if they show up in the list, click on the box any that you want visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Classic CC and I've done that. I can't even get some of them to show up at all in the USER Presets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please click on Help (in LR) then System Info, then copy, and paste that text into your next reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And while you are at it, please verify/clarify where you are placing those presets:

If MS Windows

C:\Users\xxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings\

or

C:\Users\xxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\ImportedSettings\

The latter may work better, and is the location LR CC Classic 8 places them if you import via LR/Presets. And will show up differently (group wise) based on where you place them (although a group option I have not played with supposedly exists)

and do they have the file extension .xmp?

Note that they can be in a sub-folder (but I think just one deep from Imported Settings or Settings

(where xxxxx is your windows account)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines