• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font Antenna Deactivated

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon. I am currently in the middle of a branding project for a client and the font I was using was deactivated for no reason. I can sync it anymore and it only lets me purchase it. Was it removed from the CC membership? I really need this font, I was close to being done with the project. Is there anyway it can be reactivated?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow what a coincidence. This exact thing happened to me with the Antenna font and I came on the Adobe forum for a solution or at the very least file a complaint. I've created business cards using this font for an entire company. We were about to send files to print and I had to make a minor change to one person's card-- lo and behold the font is deactivated. Now I have to dig through pages of fonts for something similar so I don't have to completely redesign my project. This is now the THIRD TIME a font has randomly changed to purchase only while I was in the middle of a project. Adobe should implement some type of adjustment period or at least a warning when a font will no longer be free use. It's unbelievably frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi both,

I am sorry that this change came as a surprise.  We emailed everyone who was using Antenna from Adobe Fonts that the family had to be retired from the subscription library. I confirmed both of your emails were on that list, and I am sorry to hear the notice didn't reach you.

Here's a copy of the email:

We're getting in touch because we had to remove a few font families from the Adobe Fonts library. This happens occasionally at the request of our foundry partners. You've used one of the following families which are subject to this change:

Allium

Antenna

Antenna Serif

Biscotti

Dispatch

Gasket

Guyot

Hermes FB

Ibis

Kade

Krul

Laski Sans

Laski Slab

Lavigne

Medusa

Prensa

Relay

Scout

Serge

Stainless

Winco

Hermes FB has been completely removed from our service and is no longer available to use. The rest of the above font families belong to the Retype and Occupant Fonts foundries and will be retired from the Adobe Fonts library. If you wish to continue using the fonts, you may purchase them on Adobe Fonts Marketplace or directly from Type Network.

Please consult this Help article for details on what this means for you, whether you have activated the fonts on your desktop or used them in a website.

https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/using/retired-fonts.html

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause for you and your projects.

Regards,

The Adobe Type team

----------------------------------------

I hope that this helps explain; let us know if you have any other questions.

-- liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to a bunch of mine - even LATO???? help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I happened to see this a month after it was posted. Some of the fonts Adobe hosts in its Adobe Fonts service are open source typefaces available through Google Fonts. Lato is one of those families.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines