0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2008 7:26 AM by Dave Phipps

Using jQuery jTip and JQPanels within cflayout tab

Dave Phipps Level 1
      Hi,

I am using jQuery (jTip and JQPanel) plugins to show tooltips and also for an expanding div. These work great on a normal page. If I then try and use them within a cflayout tab they stop working, however just to add to the confusion, they work if I place the content directly between cflayoutarea tags. It only stops working when I try and pull the content in using the source attribute.

I thought it might be the $ function from jQuery treading on the toes of cf's js calls but then it shouldn't work if there is a cflayout anywhere on the same page.

It is not easy to supply any demo code as I haven't got a live server running cf8 to deploy.

Do I need to change anything in the way I call the jQuery stuff, this is what I call from within the cflayoutarea source file:

$(document).ready(function() {
      $('.gnote').slidePanel({remote:'true'});
      });

and this acts on this:

<div class="guidancenote">
      <p class="gnote"><a href="assets/includes/guidance.cfm?formname=loginfrm">Guidance Notes</a></p>
      <div></div>
      </div>

It pulls the content in from the guidance.cfm page and stuffs it in the empty div.

The above works in the following cases:
      1. On a normal cfm page
      2. On a cfm page with a cflayout type=tab
      3 In a cflayoutarea - directly between the cflayoutarea tags

It fails when the file containing the jQuery call is pulled in via the source attribute of the cflayoutarea.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,

Dave