0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2008 9:01 PM by hal_robertson

Dissolve effect w/ rollOverEffect event

hal_robertson
      I have a hopefully simple question about using a flex Dissolve effect and a rollover event handler.

In the below example, when I roll over the label, the label Dissolves to red, correctly, however once the dissolve effect completes, the label's alpha resets back to the normal state. I am expecting, if I rollover the label with the mouse, the Dissolve effect will dissolve the label to red, and stay there as red, until I rollout.

I've tried to use an EffectEnd handler to set the alpha once the Dissolve is complete, however the problem persists.

Any ideas?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <mx:Application xmlns:mx=" http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" layout="vertical" backgroundColor="#ffffff" horizontalAlign="center" verticalAlign="center">
      <mx:Dissolve id="dissolveOut" color="#FF0000" duration="1000" alphaFrom="1.0" alphaTo="0.5"/>
      <mx:Dissolve id="dissolveIn" color="#FF0000" duration="1000" alphaFrom="0.5" alphaTo="1.0"/>

<mx:Text id="text2dissolve" text="Roll over me and watch me dissolve and reset" fontSize="24" fontWeight="bold" rollOutEffect="dissolveIn" rollOverEffect="dissolveOut"/>
      <mx:Text text="Why is the alpha resetting after the Dissolve completes?" fontSize="12"/>
      <mx:Text id="wtd" text="What to do to?" fontSize="12"/>
      </mx:Application>