• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Acrobat Mobile (not Adobe Scan) on iOS perform OCR/text recognition on PDF files?

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know Adobe Scan can take a picture of something and perform text recognition, but I have existing PDF's that I typically want to combine with other files and then perform OCR or text recognition, while I'm on my iPad or iPhone. Is that possible with the Acrobat Mobile app?

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Wait, I just finished reading ALL of your message. Acrobat Reader for iPhone does not do OCR (text recognition). Sorry. Reading too quick.

If you run the photo through scan, you can do the text recognition there and then open that up on Reader Mobile.

Sorry for the confusion I just created.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nur,

Funny, I never thought about that to even try it but I just did and it works. If you have a photo of a document, tell Scan to look in your photos for documents, it will find them. Then when you save as PDF it will do the text recognition on it. (Be sure to have Text Recognition set to on in the Preferences).

So the answer is yes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wait, I just finished reading ALL of your message. Acrobat Reader for iPhone does not do OCR (text recognition). Sorry. Reading too quick.

If you run the photo through scan, you can do the text recognition there and then open that up on Reader Mobile.

Sorry for the confusion I just created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines