• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE 10 Incompatible Display Driver

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Premiere Elements 10 on a Toshiba Laptop. I recently got the message, Detected an incompatible display driver, and now the display is white. It's up to date and I can't figure out how to fix it. Need help! Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

After you've ensured you have the latest driver from the nVidia, AMD or Intel site rather than trusting Windows to do it, delete the BadDriver.txt file.

You don't say what operating system you have but, on a 64 bit Windows 10 computer that has only one version of Premiere Elements installed on it, this file will be in C/ProgramData/Adobe/Premiere Elements/10.0.

Then restart the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you've ensured you have the latest driver from the nVidia, AMD or Intel site rather than trusting Windows to do it, delete the BadDriver.txt file.

You don't say what operating system you have but, on a 64 bit Windows 10 computer that has only one version of Premiere Elements installed on it, this file will be in C/ProgramData/Adobe/Premiere Elements/10.0.

Then restart the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay sorry about that. It seems that I have multiple issues here. First I have Windows 10 Home version 1803. The PE 10 says it's up to date. When I go to AMD Radeon settings it shows Currently Installed 15.301.1901-160226a-31806... New 16.60.2011-170210a-311199C-ATI (WHQL). So I try to update it, go through the process, restart and when I check back it's not updated. Have done it at least twice.

The Adobe Premiere Elements notice that pops up when I start the program states,

We have detected an incompatible display driver. To get a better and faster playback performance, please update your display driver.

Display driver details :ATI Technologies Inc. AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series 3.0.13417 Compatibility Profile Context 15.301.1901.0

I did go to the AMD site and couldn't figure 7600M update and I also couldn't find the BadDriver.txt file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to locate and open the ProgramData directory folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I can't find anything on this laptop. I feel helpless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I got it now. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines