4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2018 6:41 PM by R Neil Haugen

Restarting media browser?

gregf62545650 Level 1

Hi,

I set my media browser to run overnight but unfortunately, my computer went to sleep and the media browser didn't create proxies for all my clips.

Is there a way of getting the media browser to restart and continue where it left off?

I still have the browser open.

• 1. Re: Restarting media browser?
          R Neil Haugen Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you mean Media Encoder, there's an option in the top line of the right-side queue listing to resume processing. It's an arrow, I believe, like a "play" button type arrow.

Neil

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Restarting media browser?
            gregf62545650 Level 1

Thanks! Yes, correction: media encoder! The ones that weren't encoded show either stop or fail and I can see the play button you mentioned but it's not active. 

The fails give me the following messages: An error was encountered while writing the output file. The output destination could not be found. Check that the output directory still exists. If the output directory is on a network or external device, check that the connection is active.

This would been because when the PC went to sleep, it would be seen as a disconnection from the  external hard drive the clips and proxie files are stored on.

Is there a way I can get the encoder to restart these stopped and failed clips now I have the connection "awake"?

• 3. Re: Restarting media browser?
              gregf62545650 Level 1

Ok, I'm a goose! I'm looking at old injest files that failed and stopped! I obviously need to clear these notifications before creating new proxie files!

Thanks again for your help! Much appreciated!

• 4. Re: Restarting media browser?
                R Neil Haugen Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I often forget when I queue to Me that I really should go clear the list of files that have been processed before adding new. It gets so confusing.

Neil