• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image edited in Photoshop and saved, imported to Lightroom but now includes discolored rectangles

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently edited a photo from my Lightroom catalog in Photoshop.  I then saved it as a TIFF.  It automatically imported the photo exactly where it should, but on the right side of the image, there are now semi-transparent red and cyan rectangles.  I don't see these in Photoshop, but they're visible in Lightroom.  Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Screen Shot 2018-11-11 at 4.01.22 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

jasonl79951632  wrote

Closing and reopening Lightroom didn't work.  Saving the file in another place and re-importing didn't work.  Using 'Legacy Compositing' and reimporting into Lightroom fixed the issue. 

It was a layered file.  I made multiple adjustment layers in Photoshop and saved it as a layered file in case I wanted to tweak the adjustments again later.

Was this likely a bug that Legacy Compositing worked around?

Yes. Because Lightroom does not support layers, it reads the composite that i

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably a bug, there have been similar reports.

Please report this as a bug at: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this. In Photoshop Preferences - Performance, check the option to use 'Legacy Compositing'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other option to try:

Close Lightroom and restart it - sometimes, a file does not completely load right away and the preview you get is only partial!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did PS create any layers, and did you flatten/merge the layers, or did you go for the larger, more complex layered file? Should not be the issue, but perhaps point to a symptom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Closing and reopening Lightroom didn't work.  Saving the file in another place and re-importing didn't work.  Using 'Legacy Compositing' and reimporting into Lightroom fixed the issue. 

It was a layered file.  I made multiple adjustment layers in Photoshop and saved it as a layered file in case I wanted to tweak the adjustments again later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

jasonl79951632  wrote

Yes. Because Lightroom does not support layers, it reads the composite that is saved as well. But there seems to be a bug in the new way that Photoshop creates this composite.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines