• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to delete the PDF files that can't be opened, deleted, moved, or renamed properly?

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer uses the Windows 10 OS, and I installed Adobe Acrobat DC for reading and editing "pdf" files.

Recently, I had downloaded some pdf files from the web sites and saved after renamed them, their names are showing in the file folders, but they cannot be opened, deleted, moved, or renamed. And, when I open, delete, move, or rename these pdf file, there will be a notice " Could not find the item", or "An error occurred when open this file. Could not find the file."

Two months ago, I had solved this kind of problems and deleted this kind of pdf files by chance, but unfortunately I had not recorded the way to delete this kind of files, and now I can not remember it.

Here, I hope the Adobe Company, or any masters of computer, can help me solve this problem.

[Personal information removed per policy - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731 Moderator]

My solution for this problem:

1. This kind of dead files are produced by incompletely downloading of the files from the websites.

2. When you download a pdf file from a website, rename and then save it, if the web page does not show change of the name of the pdf file, this indicates that the file have not been completely downloaded. You should immediately delete it (its size is 0 Kb.) from the folder where you save it and re-download it completely.

3. You can cut the folders in all hierarchies and files in them together or separately and paste them in other/new driver (or in new folders in new driver), since the dead files can not be moved, you can filter all dead files and re-download them according to your needs and save the in the new folders in new driver. Then you can delete the older folders in all hierarchies together with this kind of dead files completely without trouble.

訊息由此人編輯:LG Lei

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?