• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Photo number - can I see it in LR?

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Canon 5D Mk111 camera assigns numbers to my photos in camera. I want to see these numbers in Lightroom, but the numbers in LR are completely different. Can I find the number in camera eg 100 7345 in Meta Data in LR?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100 7345 is the folder and the file name. So on your memory card, there is a folder '100' and the file name is something like 'IMG_7345'. Lightroom uses that file name, unless you change it on import.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the file name is something like 'IMG_7345'.

… if the output color space for camera-made jpgs is set to sRGB. If Adobe RGB jpg output is set, the number becomes '_7345' (Canon cameras).

I have only ever seen the original camera numbers in LR, but I don't change the file names during import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would expect it to become '_MG_7345' and with a professional Canon camera like my EOS-1D X letters will be different, but it isn't relevant. The last four digits is the number, and that does not change.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, excuse me. You are right. '_MG_xxxx'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines