• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New 2019 Bridge

Participant ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After starting the new 2019 Bridge; after all the photo thumbnails appear and all suddenly go darker. I can open them in Photoshop and they look normal but in Bridge they are substantially darker. In the old version, Bridge 2018, the same folder doesn't do that. No matter what folder Bridge 2019 opens with the thumbnails snap to darker photos after opening. Bridge 2018 doesn't do this.

I removed the new version Bridge 2019 and reloaded it. Did not help. Anybody else having this problem? How do I fix this? Sure makes it hard to review photos and select the ones that need work in Photoshop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Lumigraphics  wrote

Adobe has a sniffer program to see if the SYSTEM graphics driver has problems,

and that software doesn't work

My G-driver is correct and this is an Adobe issue... nothing to do with Microsoft but I would not be surprised to find a Microsoft staff member involved

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS are you using.

I think its a issue on MAC Mojave OS

If windows make sure you have latest video driver and also check if you have monitor generated thumbnails on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 10 64bit. I have the latest video driver. I could not find the setting you mentioned. There isn't a "monitor generated thumbnails" setting in Preferences. So I don't know where that is. I also would ask if I find it should it be On or Off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its under preferences- advanced-generate monitor size previews

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generate monitor size previews was on. Tried both On and Off. Results are the same. This didn't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete this file:

ACEConfigCache2.lst

Located:

/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Color

restart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the file you mentioned. Still didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MTerrien,

Please install the latest version of Adobe Bridge and Photoshop and let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Photoshop 2019 and Bridge 2019 then reinstalled both. It didn't help. I would like to point out that Bridge 2018 doesn't have the problem where the photo thumbnails come up and then switch to a darker shade. So this is unique to the Bridge 2019 version only.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the lastest verson of Bridge uses a different driver that doesn't detect Windows 10 G-cards correctly... Adobe knows about this but no fix is planned.

I recommend you uninstall 2019 and use Bridge 2018 instead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's not exactly acceptable. It makes me question why I'm paying monthly for this software when Adobe has this kind of a response to a problem they created. Sounds like Adobe and Microsoft are in competition for worse software company of the year..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What? Bridge doesn't have a graphics driver.

I suspect that either your color settings are wrong or you have an automatic ACR adjustment kicking in.

Edit->Color Settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The color settings for both programs, Photoshop & Bridge, are set the same. North America General Purpose 2.

As far as an ACR adjustment kicking in, I don't know what that is or where I would find it.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lumigraphics  wrote

What? Bridge doesn't have a graphics driver.

Screenshot (1605).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge doesn't have a graphics driver. Adobe has a sniffer program to see if the SYSTEM graphics driver has problems, if it does then hardware acceleration is turned off. Windows is a mess with graphics cards even after being around for 30 years. If you see that message, you need to talk to your card vendor to get the right driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing any messages in Bridge at all and I have the latest driver installed. I just bought the NVIDIA Quadro P2000. But this problem was occurring with my old card a NVIDIA Geforce GT640. Didn't get any messages from Bridge with that card either.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lumigraphics  wrote

Adobe has a sniffer program to see if the SYSTEM graphics driver has problems,

and that software doesn't work

My G-driver is correct and this is an Adobe issue... nothing to do with Microsoft but I would not be surprised to find a Microsoft staff member involved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines