• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Adobe Fonts on client websites -- licensing questions

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, my client would like to use a few variations of DIN on their website. I thought the cost was based on page views but I can't find any info regarding using adobe Fonts. But from what I am reading, it looks like it's included with a Creative Cloud subscription?

Does this mean since I have a personal subscription to Creative Cloud, I can use literally any fonts on my client's website (by following the instructions for using them)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

You may not use your own Creative Cloud subscription to host web fonts on behalf of your clients. Your client needs their own Creative Cloud subscription to use for the web font hosting.

Here is a link to the answer on the Adobe Fonts licensing page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/using/font-licensing.html#web-client

There is no monthly pageview limit on the web font hosting with that Creative Cloud subscription.

I hope that this helps,

-- liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

So just to confirm, they would just need a Single App Business License? (currently at $33.99/month) for unlimited font usage on their website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't have to be a Single App Business License, unless that is the best fit for their other software needs.  They can use any of the individual Creative Cloud subscription options listed at https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html for their web font licensing and hosting.  The full Adobe Fonts library is included with all paid Creative Cloud plans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to piggy back on this, if I may. It used to be, from my understanding, that I could use a Business Creative Cloud account and that would be sufficient enough to license webfonts to clients. Clients also used to be able to purchase just Typekit, for a reasonable annual fee.

But now that Adobe Fonts exists, am I correct that the Business-tier Creative Cloud account does not allow for licensing client sites anymore?

And since Adobe Fonts is unavailable on its own, that means that the cheapest option for a client begins at $34 USD/month in perpetuity, just to use a webfont?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, this is really stupid...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can go to the foundry personal website to buy it without Adobe CC subscription. For example, Din font family is created by ParaType. So you only need to open the foundry page then click the link directed to ParaType website. There you can buy any Din font variation you want for your client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be very clear, you don't buy the font itself. You are buying a license to use the font.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just thinking the same thing yesterday, but didn't think to write down that thought as a solution here. That's great, thanks. Some clients prefer a one-time purchase to monthly payments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines