0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2018 2:48 PM by wesleyh17109564

JAWS Screen Reader and Protected Mode/View

wesleyh17109564

Hello,

I am trying to assist a someone in our company who users JAWS Screen Reader in conjunction with Adobe Acrobat DC. The user has explained to me that JAWS cannot perform while in Protected Mode/View. When they open PDFs they are prompted with an option 'Enable All Features'. They are unable to find easily because JAWS will not work until this is selected. What I'd like to be able to do for them is always allow all features so they do not have to click on the option.

I understand after looking at the support pages (Protected View feature for PDFs (Windows), Adobe Reader) that the option is under Security (Enhanced) > Protected Mode (or View). These options however are grayed out. I've attempted to change registry entries for this as well and yet it still stays grayed out. The key I worked with is in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > WOW6432Node > Policies > Adobe > Acrobat Reader > DC > FeatureLockDown.

What can I do to always allow all features and prevent the prompt to 'Enable All Features' when opening a PDF?