• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I convert a person keyword back into a normal keyword?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I mistakenly converted a keyword to a "person" keyword and now I need to convert it back to normal. I tried ti delete the keyword and create a new one with the same name, but it is tagged as "person keyword" as well. Can someone help me? Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

In the Keyword List panel, right-click the keyword and do Edit Keyword Tag. Uncheck Person.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Keyword List panel, right-click the keyword and do Edit Keyword Tag. Uncheck Person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that way - but the images are earlierer than 2008. Used version CC 2019 latest update. sometimes the described way is ok. But sometimes not. Why???? A problem between images 2007 and CC 20129? Who can help me? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sometimes the described way is ok. But sometimes not. Why???? A problem between images 2007 and CC 20129? Who can help me?

To test my understanding, you have a keyword marked as Person that you'd like to convert to a non-Person keyword.  Can you describe in detail exactly what happens when you try the steps above: Re: How do I convert a person keyword back into a normal keyword?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello johnrellis,

thank you for answering.

I have some images from 2009 and earlierer with keywords - processed with Photoshop version that time. Today I am working with CC 2019 latest edition.

I have renamed higher-ranking keywords and saved. If I open older images the old higher-ranked keywords with the lower-ranked keywords shown together. Then I want to change them in the new higher-ranking keywords.  Somestimes I can delete the old keywords and use the new onces. Very often the old keywords stay then the keywords are shown in the old higher-ranked name and under the new one also. If I delete the old - they are deleted in the new ranking too. What can I do that the keywords stay only in the new "higher-ranked keyword".

Thank you

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you provide screenshots of the Keyword List and the Keywording panels to show in detail what you're referring to?  I'm not entirely sure from your description...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

certainly - These is the list after saving. The old keyword was deleted before. If you open the image again - the new and the old are marked!! The old one was deleted????

Maybe it will help you

List of Keywords.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From the screenshot, it looks like you're viewing the keywords in Bridge, and you mentioned editing with Photoshop CC 2019.  You've posted in the Lightroom forum, so I think you should repost (with the screenshot) in the Photoshop forum: Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines