Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Launch and PCI scope, Activity Map when Launch in iframe

Level 1

Hi everyone,

We were wondering if anyone has any experience with running Adobe Launch on pages/webapps that are in Payment Card Industry scope, i.e. credit card numbers are entered on the page.  Our current solution is to have Launch run in a sandboxed iframe without DOM access, however this is completely breaking activity map.  Activity map just fires the last value that it had before the iframe was entered, and continues to fire the same value on every server call made inside the iframe.

If anyone has encountered a similar situation before, whether it is Launch and PCI scope, or Launch in an iframe with activity map, any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you!

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Activity Map relies on cookies from the previous page. If you host the iframe from a different tops level domain, Activity Map would have no visibility to the prior page data and would not pass anything.

The other option would be to turn off Activity Map, but I'm guessing that is not ideal for you.

Are you using postMessaging to talk between the parent page and the iframe? If not, how do you feed data into the iframe?

Level 1

Yes, we are using postMessaging to pass data between them.  Our site is composed of multiple single page webapps, but they are all on the same top level domain.  Some of the webapps have Launch in an iframe, and some don't.  When you go from a webapp not in an iframe to one that is, the last clicked value in the non iframed webapp persists to every server call in the iframed webapp.

I've looked into some documentation and the only cookie I've found mentioned is s_sq.  If we manually set this cookie outside of the iframe, would Launch be able to use it properly?

Right now normal behaviour seems to be that the s_sq cookie gets basically cleared after a server call, however when the server call is made inside an iframe, the cookie is not cleared.  We could try and clear it manually after each iframed server call, and have the webapp set the cookie manually.

I'm pretty new to activity map, so sorry if this has been a noob question lol