2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2008 5:00 PM by Steveorevo

D11 Trial

adam@blueapplestudio Level 1
      I am running windows XP (32 bit) on a Dell. I have Director MX 2004 installed, as well as a number of CS3 products (Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator, AfterEffects.)

We would like to try the new Director, however it sounds like some are having problems with installing the trial. Has anyone out there installed the trial with a similar setup to mine? My boss and I are concerned with needing to reinstall operating systems, digging through folders for preference files, etc. just to try out a demo.

Everything involves a little risk, and no software is completely safe or bug-free. Given that, how risky is installing this Director demo for me?
        • 1. Re: D11 Trial
          adam@blueapplestudio Level 1
          I have installed the trial, and it seems to work fine. Director MX2004 still opens without a problem as well.

There are some nice little things in 11 that can be immediately spotted. Double-clicking on a behavior script in the cast window and having it open is nice, and being able to resize the file-open dialog window also makes life easier.

The jury is still out... time to dig in and see if the JavaScript improvements are all there.
          • 2. Re: D11 Trial
            Steveorevo Level 1
            Adam, I have the identical setup as you, Dell Win32, CS3 and MX2004. I take it everything went well?